DCHC are working with DCC / Skills For Care, to run a supplemental free induction webinar to add an introduction to ‘non task based’/‘person centred approaches‘ for the fast-track Skills For Care induction. These will be running through Feb and March.
These sessions will repeat each Thursday 10am via Zoom for 1.5 hrs. It will be a simple, single session for new or nearly new recruits. Please email Geoffrey.email@example.com if anyone wishes to join any of the webinars and would like a link.
These webinars will cover:
1. Essence of Person centredness
2. Basics of Appreciative Inquiry as a modern way of working
3. Feelings based approaches to Dementia care
4. Quality of life elements as a focus
5. Key Elements of ‘relationship based care’
6 Basics of Emotional intelligence.
This material is drawn from previous Kitemark workshops, the 6 elements knit together and comes with a workbook. A simple initiative to introduce recruits to elements beyond the fast track basics / mechanics as a DCHC initiative.
Ogwell Grange, Rectory Road, East Ogwell, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 6AH