Better Security, Better Care: free local support to care providers and managers
We are increasingly relying on our data, both in paper and digital, to provide quality care and run efficient organisations. In order to store and share that information safely, you need to be confident that your paper and digital records are secure.
I am delighted to say that, as part of the Better Security, Better Care programme, Devon CCG and Devon Care Homes Collaborative have been awarded a grant by NHS X to provide free support to local care providers in your area to improve their data and cyber security and help you complete your Data Security and Protection Toolkit (DSPT).
The DSPT is required in order to:
- comply with data protection legislation and answer the Care Quality Commission’s Key Line of Enquiry questions about how you manage data securely (see KLOE W.2.8)
- ensure ongoing access to key services such as NHSmail and shared care records so that you can share information with your health and care partners.
- reassure people who use your services, their families and your staff that you are managing their information safely. Most people expect you to share information with others who support them – but you must do this securely and legally.
- identify areas where you need to improve and support you to develop an improvement plan.
- reduce the risk of suffering from cyber crime and data breaches.
Our first webinar is for if you are completely new to the DSPT. Richard Jackson from ClearComm, who has helped many providers with their data security, will be guiding you through the registration process, and by the end of this webinar we will aim to have you registered and therefore have taken your first step to completing the DSPT.
31st March at 2pm on Teams. Please register for this event.
We know that you are under enormous pressure as you continue to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. So we don’t want to add any extra burdens. Over the coming months, we will be hosting a variety of webinars and workshops as well as offering 1:1 support, which will be available to those at all levels of their DSPT process.
We do hope that you will find our support to be valuable to you. Digital and data security is a major issue for our sector. And no matter where you are on your data security journey, we can help.
We also recommend that you register for updates from Digital Social Care – a provider-led group that is providing national level support to the Better Security, Better Care programme.
Want your DSPT registered for you? We need one 'guinea pig' for Richard to register - please email email@example.com if you would like your DSPT registered on this webinar