If you want to start working on your Data Security and Protection then come along to our Introductory webinar on Tuesday 4th May at 11am.
If you have never started the DSPT, or maybe have done some work on it in previous years, come along to get started. We will cover what exactly the DSPT is, what the new changes are, how to register, and what your next steps are.
The DSPT is a toolkit that needs to be renewed each year. The deadline for the 20/21 DSPT is the 30th June 2021.
The DSPT is required in order to:
- comply with data protection legislation and answer the Care Quality Commission’s Key Line of Enquiry questions about how you manage data securely (see KLOE W.2.8)
- ensure ongoing access to key services such as NHSmail and shared care records so that you can share information with your health and care partners.
- reassure people who use your services, their families and your staff that you are managing their information safely. Most people expect you to share information with others who support them – but you must do this securely and legally.
- identify areas where you need to improve and support you to develop an improvement plan.
- reduce the risk of suffering from cyber crime and data breaches.